Digital Boulevard will showcase the hottest and most innovative digital tools for the classroom. This year, there will be a new cultural flavor to the content. For a complete list of Digital Boulevard sessions, see the Convention Program.
- Google Boot Camp – During this intensive one-day learning experience, participants will learn the essentials of GSuite for Education with an exploration of the\ features of Google’s products including Drive, Sites, Chrome, Classroom, Expeditions, YouTube, Maps, Earth, Hangouts, and much more on your journey to achieve “Google Educator Status."
- Kiker Learning is a Google for Education Partner for professional development delivering educational technology solutions designed for educators focused on student success by using face to face, hybrid, and online models to focus on meeting the needs of learners.
- TeacherCast – Hosted by Jeff Bradbury, is a roundtable show featuring educators discussing edtech and classroom instruction. There will be a variety of engaging workshops to help infuse your classroom with the latest edtech.
- EverFi – From STEM readiness to career preparedness to corporate compliance, EVERFI’s compelling, interactive and impact-driven digital content turns passive learners into capable leaders. Learn how our critical skills curriculum is changing the face of education and find the EVERFI offering right for your education needs.
- STEAM Tank Theater – Co-created by the NJSBA and the U.S. Army, STEAM Tank is modeled after the popular television show “Shark Tank.” The STEAM Tank Challenge asks students to invent something new, modify an existing product, or identify a situation or real-world problem that needs resolution.
- CHOOSE Racial Literacy – On Thursday, the NJEA Convention keynote speakers, Winona Guo and Priya Vulchi, will share CHOOSE Racial Literacy’s brand new digital curriculum for educators who are looking to advance racial literacy in their classrooms.
- Empatico – Empatico provides a 100% free video platform for elementary school educators to connect their classrooms with students from across the globe to spark curiosity, kindness and empathy.
- This Teacher Life Podcast – Hosted by NJEA member Ikechukwu Onyema, a chemistry teacher, writer, facilitator, and activist who has created a podcast that lifts up the dynamic world of teachers across the state, nation and globe on This Teacher Life Podcast.
- TeachRock.org: Using Technology and Hip-Hop to Teach Social Movements – The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation provides a range of free lessons on their TeachRock.org platform. Get a taste of these resources with these demo lessons on Hip-Hop.
- Pear Deck – Pear Deck was created by educators to make it easy for teachers to create active, collaborative learning environments\ with their robust suite of digital tools, including a seamless pairing with Google Slides.
Earbuds available on Digital Boulevard
Along Digital Boulevard, with multiple presentations going on in close proximity— amplified by speakers—it can be hard to hear your presenter.
Instead of amplifiers, selected presentations will be delivered to your earbuds. NJEA will provide personal audio receivers and fresh earbuds—if you don’t already have your own—for you to use during your sessions on Digital Boulevard. You get to keep the earbuds, but you’ll need to return the receiver.
The following areas on Digital Boulevard will use earbuds:
- CHOOSE Racial Literacy
- This Teacher Life Podcast
- Google Boot Camp
- Kiker Learning
- Teacher Makerspace with Maker Depot Academy